CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 2 September 2009

Pride and joy

Today i am very proud of J. In May she finished her degree and one of her lecturers (who is gay, and who she's crazy about btw, but such is life when having an honest girlfriend) has almost got her a job teaching at college. On top of that, she emaild the people behind the feminist website The F Word with a suggestion for an article and was told that it's a brilliant idea and they old love for her to write it for them. It seems J is quite the writer, she had a creative writing class at uni and was told by her lecturer that she should try and get some of her stuff published. So today i am extremely proud of her.

I hadn't heard of the website before, so obviously i had to do a bit of snooping and checked it out. I found this article, about Same-sex hand holding (Sshh!) Saturday.

On this day, same-sex couples and friends all over the world are encouraged to hold hands in public to support the visibility of Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans (LGBT) people. Sshh! Saturdays will occur on the last Saturday of every month, publicised by A Day In Hand. This is a revolutionary way of encouraging and inspiring LGBT people to take responsibility for their equality and live their lives without fear or restraint.


Read the whole thing, i think it's a brilliant idea, especially if people outside the LGBT community take part to show their support.


In other news, tomorrow i'm off to Sicily for a week with my mum, and in 12 days i go back to Derby and to J, which i absolutely cannot wait for. I'm going to take her out for dinner as soon as i arrive, i was thinking sushi as there's a sushi place that opened up in Derby a couple of weeks before i left back in June and we never got the chance (or had enough money) to go and eat there. Now's our chance, before i become a social hermit and have to focus on finishing my bloody degree. Arghhh.

4 comments:

Anonymous

Dearest “social hermit” Newbo♥
I am so glad for you about your Pride and Joy about your J♥, it’s so fabulous romantic. I like so much to look at the pictures of you. As much that I putted one in my own Blog☼. Enjoy your trip in Sicily, 12 days that’s long. In the meantime I will take a look at those websites you indicated. When you are back in Derby: Tell me more! I would be so happy to receive a little message from you, so…
Tenderly,
Nadja
<3<3<3

Anonymous

Dearest NewBo♥
I don’t understand very well but I immediately did like you asked. Your nice picture is removed from my Blog, so that you can feel comfortable. I hope we still can be friends☼.
Tenderly,
Nadja
<3<3<3

Ashly Star

Oh that is so awesome for J!

And yay for your upcoming travels. =)

Vicki Valentine

Wait I'm only allowed to hold hands with girls on the last saturday of every month? Jeeez have I been getting that wrong at every chance xD
That is so cool for J by the way, I'd be super proud too! And as for going off to Sicily, WOW, that's one place I so have to visit when I'm older, hope you enjoy :)

Post a Comment