CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 30 August 2009

Is it alright for me to feel this way?

Yesterday i started watching season 1 of The L Word again, skipping the bits i found boring, ie. anything involving Jenny (except her sex scenes with Marina of course). I spent the majority afternoon watching episodes 4 till 10, when i should have been reading up about discourse analysis for my IS (independent studies - my dissertation/thesis whatever you want to call it).

J went to Leeds festival this weekend, which i am quite jealous of cos Kings of Leon played/are playing tonight, and they were meant to play at Beni, but had to cancel cos of strong winds. Because of strong winds! T, F and I queued for about 6 hours to make sure we got right to front, right near the barriers, all to be told we had to fuck off back to our tents cos they were scared that the stage was going to fall apart and the equipment wasn't working well. Not happy! So cos J was away for the weekend we've hardly talked, except for a couple of texts. So now i'm looking forward to go home so we can talk again after almost a week. On Wednesday my mum and i are going to Sicily for a week, i'm really excited, i'm looking forward to getting away, and hopefully i'll pluck up the courage to come out to her while we're there, bonding over good food, good wine, and even better shopping. We come back the Wednesday after, and the Monday after that (which would be two weeks from tomorrow) i finally go back to Derby.

I'm really looking forward to going back, if only to be able to be out properly and not have to worry about coming out to anyone, or introducing J as my friend, i can hold her hand in public and across the table when we go out for dinner. Just the little things that we couldn't while she was here. I'm not particularily looking forward to my final year of uni, or the idea of making decisions about my future when i've finished, but ah, such is life.

I also have a feeling that two of our cats are gay. They are both girls and are constantly together and rubbing up against each other the way cats do, bump heads, rub bodies. But that is not the extent of it! Have you ever seen a male and female cat flirting? We have loads of cats, they come and eat our food, often uninvited, so i have been witness to plenty of feline flirting. The female cat rolls around on her back meowing, while the male cat sits and watches. Kind of like a feline lap dancer, or exotic dancer. Today, these two female cats rolled around in that way together, rubbing their heads together as they did it, then they lay on their stomachs facing each other and rubbed noses, licked each others paws, play fought, the works. I am absolutely convinced they have seen the light and have fallen madly in love with each other. I said this to my mother, and she laughed at me. Pah.

2 comments:

Anonymous

Dearest Newbo♥Luv,
Well, I share your conviction about the behaviour of the female cats. That is not only a question of feelings, you make a quite scientific observation.
More important: I feel with you for your desire to coming out publicly for your love with Jo. Here in Flanders, especially in Antwerp, this were no problem at all, we see oft women hand in hand and even kissing each other on the street.
Enjoy your trip in Sicily!☼ There are many Sicilian Italians in Belgium (the grandparents came here for working in the coalmines) and when the young girls are going to visit the old country it makes cultural troubles, even cultural shocks. In Sicily they are considered fully strangers and the Sicilian boys are particularly eager at them. Even if, obviously, most of them are hetero, the boys behaviour not exactly what they like. And, so the Belgo-Italian girls told me, they like to go to Sicily, but like even more to be back here. What should not be understood as if they had no Sicilian traits anymore here, oh no! Their charm is precisely to look and be like Italians and have strong Sicilian traditions (Family Clan, very jealous husbands, and more of such).
I want to end for today stating what marvellous couple Jo and you are. I wish you from the bottom of my heart that your young Love may blossom more and more!
Kisses. Tenderly,
Nadja
♀♀

crystal

I had a gay dog...he didnt necessarily do anything "gay" he was just too damn pretty to be straight!
Oh and I know how you feel about re-watching the L word, I fast forward through anything Jenny related!

Post a Comment