CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 25 March 2009

A little about me

So nothing much has happened over the past couple of days. Yesterday I saw a bit about dogs that can detect cancer and diabetes. I love dogs and think they're the most amazing animals, and this just proves it! I'm also completely in love with my phone. It's a Nokia 5800. I spent my two hour seminar on the internet yesterday, mainly on facebook and googling random things. When i say random things, I mean googling my phone to read all the reviews about ti and how much better it is than the iPhone. It's fantastic!

Yesterday evening Jodie and I went to Pizza Express and then to the cinema to watch Lesbian Vampire Killers. There's a restaurant in the cinema here and we both work in there, I'm a waitress and she works behind the bar so we get 2 free tickets each a week and we go to the cinema quite often. Anyway, Lesbian Vampire Killers was crap, which we expected it to be, but hilarious crap. Worth watching if you want something that will just numb you out for an hour and a half. Plus it has James Corden and Matt Horne in it, and together they make the film a good watch. Even though their characters in the film are the same characters they play in Gavin and Stacey, at least they're good at them.

Anyway, on to me. I don't like writing long about me sections, so I'm going to write all the most important stuff here. I'm 19, I grew up in Malta, a very catholic, very tiny island in the middle of the mediterranean sea. I moved to Derby, UK, in September 2007 to study Psychology at the University of Derby. I'm now at the end of my second year and shitting it cos I have so much work to do. Like I mentioned above, I work as a waitress in a restaurant, which is in a cinema (a lot of people get confused about this, I tell them I work in the cinema and that I'm a waitress and they think I have 2 jobs). I have another job, which at the moment I only do once a week, and I'm a teacher's assistant sort of thing in after school classes for kids. I love kids and plan to become a child psychologist.

I have a mother, father and an 17 (alomost 18!) year old brother. My parents split up and got back together a couple of times, now they're not together but they still live together, for our sake. We're a very close family, and I would normally tell them everything, but they still don't know I have a girlfriend. My brother knows, but I haven't told my parents yet. I love living in another country because having a girlfriend and being open about it is possible here, at home it wouldn't be. I don't know many people in Derby, the ones I do know obviously know about us and I don't really care about the ones I don't know. A couple of my closest friends back home know, but the more people I tell, the more chance there is that people I don't want to know will find out. Malta's like one enormous village full of gossips, and if something happens, regardless of what it is, you can be sure that everyone will found out at some point.

Does anyone else feel like they're living 2 lives sometimes?

2 comments:

Real Live Lesbian

I used to feel that way when I was younger. There was the "me" that the family knew...and then the real me.

It sucked.

You'll find that when everyone knows, it's like a huge weight has been lifted. So wonderful!

Newbo

I can imagine, I can't wait to pluck up the courage to tell everyone!

Post a Comment