CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 19 March 2010

The BB award, Bloginterviewer, and a year of blog!

This week has been a lovely week for my dear old blog. Yesterday it turned one whole year old! I neglected it a little bit between summer and the new year, but i'm back and i'm loving it again!

Also, some wonderful person (tell me who you are!) nominated me for a Blog Interview! Thank you so much to whoever did, let me know who you are! You can read my interview here and, you know, vote for me if you want to :).



Finally the lovely Jude over at 7 Senses nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger award! Jude was one of the first people i followed when i started blogging a year ago, and one of the first to follow me back! So you should all go and say hi to her, if you haven't already :)

The rules of the award are:

1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.

Ok, i don't think i'll be passing it along to 15 bloggers, but i'll leave that till the end.

Seven things about me, this is going to be hard, i tend to write about everything on here!
1. I was born, baptised and raised Catholic. I am Catholic but I don't practice, I don't go to church. Partly out of laziness, partly because I don't believe in a lot of what the church says. Especially the Maltese Catholic church: Gay is wrong, gay marriage is wrong, sex before marriage, children born outside of marriage, divorce, abortion.. The last two are both illegal in Malta because the church is such a dominating force over the government.

2. I am a terrible procrastinator. I usually have about 5 windows open at the same time, even more if i'm meant to be working. I watch youtube videos, refresh facebook, stalk people on twitter, read blogs, all to avoid doing anything merely productive.

3. The only time i stop procrastinating is when food is involved. I would choose food over almost anything. I love love love eating, i love savoury food, especially cheese. In fact i made my dad bring some maltese cheese over to England when he was here these past couple of days. I love meat, veg, fruit, pasta, bread, pizza, any and all types of food. Especially cheese. Oh and cheesecake. Yum!

4. I've only had two 'serious' boyfriends before J, and only slept with 3 guys before her. That one crazy drunken night changed my life forever!

5. Only one person in my life knows I blog, and she doesn't read it. The reason I started this blog was to be able to get things off my chest without worrying about offending others or being judged, so i've only ever told one woman, who did her first year of uni with me and came out around the same time i did. No one, not even J knows, which is a bit weird sometimes because i would like to tell her how well i'm doing suddenly, but I like having my own little space to get things off my chest :).

6. I don't have any tattoos, though i would like one but knowing me i'd cry in the chair lol! I'm a wimp, and J has told me many times that i probably wouldn't be able to sit through a whole session. I have one piercing, my belly button, which i got when i was 14. Sometimes i consider taking it out but my belly looks too weird without it.

7. My favourite part of my body is my hair :)

Ok, the people I'm going to pass this blog on to are:

More sex, chocolate and red lipstick - Amy here is a student, and her blog posts are always fun and interesting. I started following her on blogspot and now she has migrated over to wordpress and i've only just managed to put her back on to my blog list. On top of that, she's pretty hot!

Finding Claire - Claire writes about her life with her girlfriend, pretty much in the same way I do, and I love reading about what they get up to, as well as beign able to relate to what's going on in her life :)

Just, because - Ashleigh is also gay and has a girlfriend, and a little younger than me, so i love reading her blog because i wasn't out when i was her age, and to read things from her perspective is great.

Learning how to sail my ship - Finally, Crystal is another lesbian who i love reading, it's just nice to get a little insight into peoples thoughts and feelings, and Crystal writes about things and people she likes as well as her life.

Check them out, i love them!

Finally, i want to end this post with this video i came across on facebook/youtube which really amused me:

3 comments:

alphafemme

Hi Newbo :) I got over here because of Jude! Hooray for spreading love.

And I couldn't resist commenting about the blog being a secret thing. For a really long time, I kept mine a secret from everyone in my real life too, including my girlfriend. I really felt like I needed to have my own space that no one could get into so that I could write my OWN way without worrying about what people would think. So I don't think that's weird at all.

I did eventually tell her (and many of my real life people) that I wrote a blog, and just asked that they not search for it. Because as I started making more online connections and stuff, it became too hard not to talk about it at all! It was like too big of a separation between internet and reality. And my girlfriend totally respected that I needed that space that was all mine.

And evENtually, I was even okay with her reading it. But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway. Hi :)

crystal

Awhh, thanks! I think 2 of your followers headed over my way too so thats cool :)
Ill get a response post going soon!

Anonymous

Shucks, thanks honey! I'll get on this right away!

Also food>Everything for me too!

---Amy xxxx

Post a Comment