CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 22 June 2009

Can dreams come true?

I wanted to blog about this yesterday, but because it was father's day, i didn't have time to.

On Saturday night i dreamt that i came out to my mum. I don't know what triggered the dream, or what i dreamt before and after it. All i know is it was and incredibly realistic dream, so realistic that i woke up thinking it had actually happened. You know how sometimes you dream that you're at your own house, but it doesn't look anything like your house, but it still feels like your house? Or that you're talking to someone you know, but they look nothing like the person they actually are? This dream wasn't even like that.

Because it was a dream, i have no idea how the conversation started or how we got on to that topic. My mother was standing in the doorway to my room. It looked exactly like my room, it WAS my room. I could see the courtyard behind my mother with all the plants and washing and cats and dogs in, exactly like it is in real life. My mother looked exactly like herself. It was so unbelievably realistic.

Somehow we got on to the topic, and i looked at the floor and said i have a girlfriend. My mum said "i thought so" and hugged me and told me it's fine, she loves me no matter what. That's when i woke up, i think anyway. I woke up feeling relieved, so happy that i had finally done it and that she was ok with it. And then i remembered it was all a dream and got up to face the day, that would be full of "no i don't have a boyfriend"s to nosy (even if they mean well) relatives.

Do you think this dream was so realistic because maybe it's actually going to happen? I definitely hope so lol!

3 comments:

{{ d a n i m o }}

i never did get to study the cognitive science of sleep and dreaming with the intensity i had planned (i've had to put my education on hold due to insufficient finances) but from a purely mystical point of view, i believe that highly realistic dreams are a sort of premonition, the makings of déjà vu if you will. in waking, do you think that's how your mom might act to your coming out?

{{ d a n i m o }}

ps: i LOVE the LtL bumpers you've got goin' on! ^_^ hehehe

Newbo

I think it would go one of two ways.
1. Hopefully like this!
2. She'd go off on one of her strange rants and claim that i'm just attention seeking, trying to take attention away from my brother. That's what she said to me the other day, that i'm glad my brother isn't talking to her because i'm jealous of him. Ah well.

Post a Comment