CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 4 May 2009

The complicated nature of homesickness

When i was on my break at work yesterday, my mum rang me. My brother turned 18 last week and he went away for a couple of days with his friends so yesterday my mum had a small thing for him and just his close friends at home. Basically after she range me i started to feel really homesick. I really just wanted to have a little cry but i was at work so i couldnt. I finished work at 9pm so A and i went for a drink and then i went to meet J cos she was out with her mates. I was already a bit tipsy and we went to her mate's house and they opened some wine. Everyone left except me and J's best friend (the one i've mentioned in the last couple of posts). She and i have become quite close because she spends loads of time with J and so do i obviously. So somehow we started talking about family and our past and stuff while drinking loads of wine. After a long heart to heart we went to meet the others and i bought a couple more beers, i was rather drunk by this point.

I was really having fun and then all of a sudden i started feeling homesick. It was probably there but aggravated by the alcohol. So i went up to J and said i want to go home, i'm feeling homesick and she said ok she'd come with me, but she was pissed too, more than i was i think. As soon as we left i started crying and i did not stop all fucking night. I am such a twat. When we were walking back we bumped into this guy who's girlfriend slept with J at some point. He was obviously drunk too and he kept chanting "she slept with my girlfriend, she slept with my girlfriend" while his friends tried to hold him up and just laughed in the background. J got really agitated and ended up punching him and i was bawling my fucking eyes out. I was quite surprised none of them turned on her when she punched him so we just walked off while he was still chanting in the background.

When we got back i kept crying and we argued a bit cos i kept saying she doesn't understand what it's like for me and she doesn't know what it's like to feel homesick. In the ended we had a kiss and cuddle and got over it and went to sleep, but now i'm feeling rather hangover. And its past 5 in the afternoon. It was a very strange night, no wonder i haven't been drunk for almost 3 months, i always bloody well end up crying.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, we might not go to birmingham cos we can't afford it but we still have the weekend off to spend together, so fingers crossed it'll be a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Delayne

Ah the drunken crying, I've been there before too dear. Probably why I don't really drink anymore... I'm sending positive thoughts for a good weekend your way.

Newbo

thank you :)

Post a Comment