CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 3 April 2009

When I'm bored I..

... Do loads of pointless of quizzes! Usually I'd them on facebook, but today I decided to google some.
First: Which L Word character are you?
I think I did about 3 or 4 of these, just cos I was that bored.
I got 3 Alices and one Dana. Of course, having seen all 6 series of the L Word in about 3 months, I knew how to manipulate the quiz and I wanted to be Alice :). No idea how Dana came about.

Next I took the Which type of lesbian are you?
I did two, and got femme for both, but i was shocked at the fact that there are so many lesbian stereotypes! Apart from the obvious bitch and femme, and hippy, there were lipstick lesbians, tomboy, leather dyke, wiccan lesbian, soccer dyke, goth, country, confused (aka bi), bohemian dyke, magic earring ken dyke (wtf?), vaginal-reference-making dyke, stud, pretty boi dyke, hipster dyke, sprightly elfin femme, granola dyke, little-boy dyke, student dyke and finally the Surprise! dyke. All from two quizzes! Am I just naiive or does this seem a bit much? Even in the straight world there isn't this much stereotyping! I studied stereotyping in a couple of my social psych modules, now i'm beginning to think they leave out one very important aspect of social stereotyping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment