CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Oh Ryanair..

Grrr I do not like Ryanair! I do not like their measly 15kg luggage weight limit. I always forgot and my suitcase was a very reasonable 18kg, which would be fine on any other airline but fussy old Ryanair only allow 15kg. So the woman kept my passport and I had to go over to the ticket desk to pay £45 for 3kg of overwight. £45!! But anyway, in amongst the annoyance I didn't look at the boarding pass the girl gave me and I just trotted up to security. While i was queuing, i decided it was time to look at my boarding pass, if only to have something to do, and noticed there wasn't any indication of my priority boarding (which i chose to pay £4 for). £4 isn't much but it is definitely essential on a Ryanair flight. So I had to march back down to the check-in desk, and the woman dryly said "sorry bout that". Grrrrr.. Plus there all the extra charges.. A flight is advertised as £8, but once you add on fuel charges, airport charges, baggage charges, check in charges and so in, it goes up to £70. And finally there are their cramped, blue and yellow little aeroplanes.

A rather strange french woman was sat next to me today. She was wearing VERY high rise, high shine leggings. She's obviously had them since the 80's and what with all the wet look leggings coming back into fashion she decided to dick them out of her closet. She teamed that with a short brown cardi. I'm not describing this very well, but to me it looked a bit odd lol. She seemed like a lovely woman, but she spent a lot of the flight talking to herself. I felt a little bit sorry for her though (now this is where you can tell that I'm a psychology student) cos on the rare occassion she spoke to me or the woman on her other side, or we spoke to her, she always put herself down. Like she was trying to squeeze her handluggage under the seat in front of her. She was clearly struggling, and i am a seasoned professional, cos i hate using the overhead compartments cos i'm too short and i worry that i'll bonk someone on the head with my massive backpack. Plus i like to have everything in my handluggage readily available. Anyway, i offered to help her and managed, without too much effort, to squeeze the little suitcase under the seat, and said thank you, thank you, to which i replied, "oh its ok, i'm used to it now". Instead of just laughing or replying she said, "no, no, it's me, i'm silly, silly." She didn't do anything at all throughout the whole flight. She didn't wat anything (i ate 2 sandwiches), she didn't drink anything (one litre of water), she didnt read anything (glamour magazine, diva magazine and the daily telegraph), she didn't listen to any music (i never turned mine off). She literally did NOTHING. She just sat there!

Anyway, I realise the only reason that this seems odd to me is because it's not something i'm used to. It's the same with everyone. Fat kids get teased cos other kids don't see it as "normal". Homophobes exist because they don't see being gay as "normal".

Any things you've seen people do, or heard of, that don't seem "normal" to you that would be perfectly normal to anyone else?

0 comments:

Post a Comment